About Maker MKR:
Maker is an Ethereum token that describes itself as “a utility token, governance token, and recapitalization resource of the Maker system.” The purpose of the Maker system is to manage another Ethereum token, the DAI stablecoin, that seeks to trade on exchanges at a value of exactly US$1.00.
Maker enables anyone to leverage their Ethereum assets to generate Dai on the Maker Platform. Once generated, Dai can be used in the same manner as any other cryptocurrency: it can be freely sent to others, used as payments for goods and services, or held as long-term savings. Importantly, the generation of Dai also creates the components needed for a robust decentralized margin trading platform.
MakerDAO uses a two token model:
- Dai, the stablecoin of this platform, which is backed by collateral
- Maker token (MKR) to balance the value of Dai
- Name: Maker
- Symbol: MKR
- Platform: Ethereum
- Standard: ERC20
- Type: Governance and Utility token
- Smart Contract Address: 0x9f8f72aa9304c8b593d555f12ef6589cc3a579a2
- Trading price (at the time of writing): 1,242.08
- Global Market Cap (at the time of writing): $1,214,314,274
- Circulating Supply: 977,631 MKR
- MAX Supply: 1,005,577 MKR
Will CIEx list more assets?
Yes! But our policy is to never reveal any details until shortly before launch — not even about which assets we are considering. Our client engagement specialists cannot answer any questions about which assets we may be listing in the future.
Trade with caution
Limit orders are recommended when trading starts since the markets may be illiquid initially. Be extremely careful with market orders and orders that trigger market orders (e.g. stop loss).
Invest with caution
Listing an asset or token for trade is not a recommendation to buy, sell, or participate in the associated network. Do your own research and invest at your own risk.